It was such a simple thing, I thought. “Tweak your blog! It will only take a few minutes.”
Here is the breakdown of the crime scene:
- I start with a template. I like that one, it’s purty! *click*
- I see I can change the font to further customize my site. Neat!
- This is through TypeKit. Okay. I sign up for my freebies, agonizing over the two I get to pick.
- Huzzah! My blog will be nifty!
- Discover only eight or so WordPress Templates support them.
- SHE-HULK stirring.
- Figure out which ones they are, and pick one I’m only half in love with.
- Apply my fonts! Yay! Feeling creative and edgy!
- Fonts have buggered up the site completely so it’s unreadable. Boo.
- SHE-HULK SMASH!
- Try to remove the fonts, appears to have no effect.
- Thinking, a-ha, I’ll just change the template to one that’s not supported!
- It looks all templates support TypeKit to some degree.
- Cannot get rid of unreadable body text font.
- SHE-HULK SMASH! SMASH!
- Delete the unreadable font from my TypeKit and this seems to do the trick.
- In for a penny, in for a pound, methinks.
- Spend the next half how cleaning up my links.
- Realize I have wasted two hours.
- SHE-HULK SMASH! SMASH! SMASH!
At any rate, the site is all better now. It’s more colorful, which I like. I found the other site just too washed out and, frankly, a little old-fashioned looking. I’m not allowed to play with it until June now, kay? If you see me making eyes at the template screen, stop me!