I’m in my office this afternoon, enjoying the fact that the orbit of the earth and the tilt in its axis means that the sun’s light has shifted (from my perspective) and giving me what was morning sunlight just weeks ago well in the afternoon. There is a pleasant ambient light in the room, making all the colors feel gently bright and wakeful and making me feel lovingly mellow.
Today is my Saturday. I have done running around. I have cleaned. I have the next 36 hours at my disposal and I plan to use them and love them well.
As for jigsaw pieces:
- Picked up a USB hub, so now I can have my external monitor and my Wacom tablet and my iPhone or iPad charging happily away all at the same time.
- Speaking of the Wacom tablet, it is wonderful but not a tool that I use often mostly because the program I have that really takes advantage of the Ink capabilities of it doesn’t do what I want. Recently I discovered that deviantART has a graffiti pad built into the site with these lovely brushes. I spent about a half hour just playing with it and now I want an art program for my Mac.
- Spoiled myself with the 3rd Season of The Big Bang Theory that was released today, as well as buying myself terrible junk food and concocted plans to order pizza for myself tonight.
- Invigorating myself thanks to the book Getting Things Done by David Allan. Yeah, I know, late to the party, but at least I finally found the confetti. I’ve been reading and reviewing this the last week or so, and I’m putting the strategies to good use. In fact, the next several hours will be a continuing processing of my Inbox, and all the goodies I’ve accumulated.
- I can type 40 words-per-minute on my iPad. Faster when I take the Bluetooth keyboard with me. This is so ace.
Most importantly, I’m back writing. Tricking myself, starting small, but as I said to Andy the other day, I hadn’t just fallen off the wagon — I lost the last wheel two weeks ago and all that’s left is a plank of wood no bigger than a toboggan.
Anywho, time to get to work. Forgive my babblings.